What is General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation that will enforce a stronger data protection regime for organizations that operate in the European Union (EU) and handle EU citizens’ data. GDPR constitutes the protection of personal data of employees, customers and others. In case organizations fail to comply with this regulation, they will be subject to heavy fines and damaged reputation. Considering that personal data represents critical and sensitive information that all organizations should protect, such a regulation will help put in place appropriate procedures and controls to prevent Information Security breaches. By May 2018, all organizations that operate in the EU should comply with this regulation.
Who should attend?
- Individuals involved in Personal Data Protection and Information Security
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main privacy principles
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Data Protection
- Understand the General Data Protection Regulation requirements and the fundamental principles of privacy
- Understand the obligations, roles and responsibilities of the Data Protection Officer
- Understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques to effectively participate in the implementation process of a compliance framework with regard to the protection of personal data
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
- Day 1: Introduction to GDPR and Data Protection Principles
- Day 2: The General Data Protection Regulation requirements and Certification Exam
<p style=”text-align: center;”><a href=”” target=”_parent” rel=”noopener”><button>Download Brochure!</button></a></p>