PECB ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor
ISO/IEC 17025 enables laboratories to demonstrate that they operate competently and generate valid results, thereby promoting confidence in their work both nationally and around the world. It also helps facilitate cooperation between laboratories and other bodies by generating wider acceptance of results between countries. Test reports and certificates can be accepted from one country to another without the need for further testing, which, in turn, improves international trade.
Who should attend?
- Individuals seeking to perform and lead an accreditation assessment of testing and calibration laboratories
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation assessment
- Laboratory technicians responsible for maintaining conformance to ISO/IEC 17025 requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a testing, sampling and/or calibration laboratory accreditation assessment
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Understand the operations of testing and calibration laboratories based on ISO/IEC 17025
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 9001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the assessor’s role in planning, leading, and following-up on assessments and accreditation
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the accreditation assessment of testing and calibration laboratories
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practice tests are similar to the Final Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 and comprehensive knowledge of assessment principles and techniques.
- Day 1: Introduction to Laboratory Management Systems (LMS) and ISO/IEC 17025
- Day 2: Principles, preparation and launching of an assessment
- Day 3: On-site assessment activities
- Day 4: Closing the assessment
- Day 5: Final Exam