Why should you attend?
ISO 50001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Energy Management System (EnMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 50001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Energy Management System (EnMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an EnMS audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Energy Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Energy Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Energy Management
- Understand the operations of an Energy Management System based on ISO 50001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 50001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 50001 in the context of an EnMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in EnMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 50001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Download ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Candidate Handbook
Day 1: Introduction to Energy Management Systems (EnMS) and ISO 50001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam