The PECB University Graduate Certificate in Information Security Management equips candidates with the necessary knowledge and skills to create strategies for the successful management of the diverse information security requirements of an organization. Candidates of the program learn about the principles and theories associated with various types of security and about business management, becoming as such competent to interconnect the two when working in real business settings.
Through this program, candidates understand the business, governance, and policy issues that are the foundation for developing effective solutions to current and emerging security threats, and will learn the skills to communicate those issues to others within the organization.
Graduates of the program become security experts capable to manage the growing complexities associated with securing data, networks, and systems. Graduates as well demonstrate a full understanding of information storage, are competent to investigate security breaches, and are aware of all available services for database protection.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Gain competence in security policies, processes, technology, and operations.
- Acquire advanced understanding of Information Security concepts and challenges in networks and software systems.
- Direct and manage the development, implementation, procurement, and progress of a secure information infrastructure.
- Become competent to manage security complexities related to data and network security.
- Conduct risk assessment analysis to identify the threats and their probability of occurrence.
Graduate Certificate in Information Security Management – Course Requirements (12 credits)
|ISO/IEC 27032 Lead Cyber Security Manager||Cybersecurity Management|
|ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager||Information Security Risk Management|
|ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer||Information Security MS Implementation|
|ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor||Information Security MS Audit|